Thursday, September 20, 2007

Boredom/Separation anxiety

I need to start working on separation anxiety exercises with Hermes. This morning when I ran Ben to school and left Hermes in, he got my sunglasses off the kitchen counter and put a tooth through the lens. I left him out today and he did fine. Ben played in the yard with him until he was panting hard before we went out to dinner and we left Hermes in. While we were gone for 1.5 hours, Hermes took some of Ben's magazines off the couch and chewed 2 of them up (luckily, he had 2 copies of those ones for some reason) and I think Hermes must have seen some couch stuffing coming out in a spot because he pulled out a couple of handfuls of cushion stuffing from one of the broken sofa cushions. Don't know if this reflects boredom or separation anxiety. Fostering dogs is one reason I haven't replaced the sofa (it is in poor shape but why buy a new one). Have been considering getting a used one on Craigslist since I plan on keeping on fostering. I looked into slip covers, but the pillow type arms on this sofa don't go with slipcovers. Dana had recommended some separation anxiety exercises for Bubby, so I think I better give some of that some work.

No comments: