Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Settling in

Karma did well last night. She was pacing around a bit in the new environment and was kind of nervous when walking down the block to the mailbox, but she slept on a comforter at the foot of the bed last night and aside from getting up to reposition herself, she seems to have stayed there all night. This morning we got up early and walked the 1.5 mile loop. It started raining about 1/2 way around and she wasn't too happy about that and stopped and looked back at me a few times, but we pressed on until home where I dried her off. She has been laying around on the floor most of the day as I work on the computer. We went out before lunch for a walk in the snow. I put a jacket on her but the flakes kept falling on her face which made her shake. She seemed to take it pretty well and she seemed to start knowing the way to go on the loop. Now she is curled up on the floor in the computer room as I work.

No comments: