Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thundershirt

Linda mentioned the thundershirt for dogs with fear problems and I bought one for Karma. This morning we went out the door for a morning walk and a minute later she was pulling her way for the front door. I didn't hear anything, but it is a bit misty here and there and she headed right for her closet hiding place, so I assume it was thunder. I went in the closet and put her shirt on and made it nice and snug. It was a bit harder because she wasn't standing up, but was sitting. I left her there in the closet and a few minutes later she came out to see me. I adjusted her shirt a bit and she wandered around with me. I took her out back and she didn't run right in the house. I pushed around the manual mower and she wandered around. I was hoping she would go to the bathroom, but she didn't, but she also didn't run inside.

I tried taking her out on a leash again but we only made it down the driveway. Inside she seems fine. She is laying here in the computer room with me on her comforter chewing on a rawhide. No running to the closet in fear, so I take that as a good sign that it is doing something.

No comments: