Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Another slow day at Petco

Well, this Saturday was our monthly 3rd Saturday at Petco Lakeline. I really like the staff of the store, but the store location is just not great. The big draws in the shopping center are the Barnes and Noble down the center and the Petco is tucked in the corner and we don't get a huge amount of walk-in traffic most months. There was a lady there with cats from Street Corner Rescue and we shared the front entryway. Ben and I took Sandy (her second month in a row there) and Princeton. We really didn't get much interest accept some folks interested in Princeton as a second dog to one they had that was similar to him. Princeton and Sandy got along pretty well. When we got back to the shelter to drop off Princeton, Lindsey had gone home with her new family.

I dropped off Sandy at the shelter on Sunday so she could spend the day. Her pen tag was still up on No. 3 on the end, so I put her in there. It really isnt' a great location among the pens at the shelter. It is at the end and around the corner and people have to walk all the way around there to see her. On the one hand, she is only there on some weekend days, but on the other hand, how can she be seen if she is way off in the corner. I would bet that some folks don't even make it over there.

Anyway, with Lindsey gone, Ben won't have a dog for the last training class. I need to get back to work on training Sandy. I have been slacking off too much (doing too much "work" at home and not enough training). This Saturday is the final class and Sandy does well with Sit and Stay most of the time, but I haven't done come nearly enough. She comes to me when I call, but that is only in the house or in the backyard into the house. I need to work it hard the next few days to get it nailed down.

No comments: