Friday, March 30, 2007

One down, how many more to go?

Well, I just got off the phone with Monica at the shelter and she told me that Sandy is indeed adopted. I haven't wanted to write anything about it this week, but I did mention last Friday that Sandy went to meet a prospective new owner. The meeting went well and last Saturday, she put in an application for Sandy. Wednesday this week, we met with the new owner's housemate and that meeting also went well and I was waiting to hear how the adoption counselor had decided and the waiting was getting to me, so I called. Sandy's new owner will pick her up tomorrow. I am excited to see her placed with a really nice young woman who can give her a good permanent home.

Yes mom, it is tough to let Sandy go. She has been great fun here for the last nearly 3 months and it was nice having a younger dog again after having lost a 17+ year old dog. It has been good to go through training with her and playing with her. I know that the lessons that Ben and I learned in training class will come in handy with our next foster dog whoever that may be.

No comments: