Sunday, July 29, 2007

Welcome Hermes

Ben and I went to the shelter today with my friend Lori and we looked at dogs to foster. April had said Scooby could use some work, so he was in the running. Holly was pushing a new Wolfhound mix that just came in as an owner surrender, Elvis. Elvis was a cutie, but he was setting off allergies in Lori and that is why she came with us. We looked at Scooby (same allergy issue), Shipley and Hermes. We decided on Hermes. Hermes is already pretty famous. You can see some of his videos on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/group/Hermesdog. Cheri did an awesome job with him and I hope that we can pickup where she was at and get Hermes back in the swing of his training. He seems to be settling in nicely this evening. He found the big dog bed in the family room that April gave us back when we brought Sandy home and I brought in the little round dog basket/bed to put in the bedroom so he can sleep at the foot of the bed (well, across from the foot of the bed, by the wall). He curled up in there and laid down, so I hope he will snooze the night away as I do.

No comments: