Monday, July 30, 2007

Hermes settling in


Hermes seems to have taken to the dog bed in the family room and also in my bedroom. He is a bit big for the little dog bed, but when he curls up he fits and when he stretches out, he spills out of the bed onto the floor. He seems to really like to be petted or rubbed down. He is a bit of a nervous dog but not too badly. We went out back tonight and hung out in the backyard and he was running around a bit nervously when the dog behind us was barking through the fence, but he was okay. I need to start getting him out running with me in the morning. His leash manners aren't what they show in Cheri's YouTube video, but I haven't been trying too hard. I will have to see how he does as a running partner. I am a bit nervous that he will bolt out and be pulling me along, but I will try to reign him in and get him in sync with me.

No comments: