Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving and the weekend before

Last weekend was a busy Saturday. The shelter had a fund raiser (a car show) and I went to help setup and took Hermes to be there all day. I left after helping work on car check in and went to the shelter to get dogs for my monthly Petco adoption day. There was already a group at the shelter picking up dogs for another adoption day that got moved up this month and I was going to take KD and another dog, but KD had an approved application, so I took Valerie and Casey. Adoption day was slow as usual. People all though Valerie was so cute and sweet, but no one was overly serious about either dog. Casey's lump on her underside had been getting larger and she was scheduled to go see the vet on Monday (didn't ever hear how that turned out). After finishing up at Petco, I went back to the car show cleanup to pick up a few things that I had brought and to get Hermes. He had popped his collar twice (it has one of those plastic buckles that snaps together) and so someone had gone over to the Petco Great Hills and gotten him another collar. Sunday I had stuff to do and dropped Hermes by the shelter in the morning. I put him in a run with Valerie and they immediately started playing. They play kind of rough, getting up on their back legs and "dancing" and seeing who can knock who down. When I picked up Hermes later, he had a scratch on the side of his nose. I put some antibotic cream on it and it seems better.

Today is the day before Thanksgiving. Ben and I went out of town to visit with family and couldn't take Hermes, so he is back at the shelter. Unfortunately, KD's adoption didn't work out because she was chasing cats, so she is back at the shelter. Valerie went home with Alisand for Thanksgiving and so I put Hermes in with KD and they were happy to see each other when I dropped him off. There are a number of new dogs there including some bigger dogs, but Hermes had a run inside still (just a different one). There is a big Saint Bernard looking dog in outdoor run 7 (next to Hermes and KD) and he must be in the big dog room. I am sure that Hermes will be delighted to see me when I go to pick him up on Saturday. Hopefully, he won't get into too much trouble at the shelter. He has become spoiled living at the house and doesn't like to spend the night at the shelter.

Not sure what I should do to help move Hermes along. I know that I really should be reinforcing the training that he already has, but I don't seem to have the energy to work on it. I always find something else to do. I have been taking him for more walks lately, but haven't been working on the sit, down, stay, place or come commands. I need to try to get better at it. I have a couple more weeks then I am off for the year and perhaps I can force myself to focus on training with him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://nofuparul.kogaryu.com/fycohi.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin to get income with a sum that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]