Sunday, November 25, 2007

Weekend after Thanksgiving

Came back from Thanksgiving yesterday afternoon. After settling in at home and doing laundry, I went to the shelter to check on Hermes and to bring him home. Monica told me that he had a family come to see him, but that he didn't really go for the 2 little kids, so they decided they weren't really interested. It is understandable. They met and fell in love with Blue, a Great Pyrenees mix.

Today was another gray/rainy day. I took Hermes to the shelter assuming that I would have him in the office since all the dogs would end up inside today. Unfortunately, earlier today, I gave him some Natural Balance dog food sample that I had gotten at Petco and he really enjoyed it, but it appears to be what was making Valerie so gaseous because Hermes was stinking up the place. I put him in his indoor run so that he didn't stink up the office. I walked some of the dogs since they were spending the day inside and then Monica came out to tell me there was someone who wanted to meet Hermes. I took Hermes out to run 5 outside so as to not disturb the meet and greet going on in the M&G pen (KD was meeting her new family's dog). Hermes was glad to be out of his run and was prancing around and coming up to all of us for petting. He warmed right up to the family visiting him and we had a nice visit. They are interested in Hermes and put in an application. They have another rescue dog and so their application will be pending a meet and greet if approved. If all goes well, we will try to set something up for next weekend.

1 comment:

aggiegirl said...

hey! its the oldest one from the family! Hermes is soo sweet! Thank you for everything!!