Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Bark, bark, bark ....

There are 3 days off school at the beginning of this week and so Ben has had some buddies and their computers over for a LAN party. Well, KD has been quite distrustful of a couple of the boys and will look at them in the next room and keep her distance and bark. I gave them some treats to give to her, but it didn't seem to help.

I have been working on the doggy sandbox more this past week. I decided that I just wasn't keeping up with the pond and that I was going to take the rocks from the pond and put them on the bottom of the garden area as the base and take the dirt from the garden and backfill where the pond was. It is the end of an era, but it just seemed to make sense. I need to plant grass where the pond was and I need to get gravel/sand to finish the sandbox. The shelter has a big pile of pea gravel left over from a project which I can have, I just need to get over there with a truck and wheelbarrow and haul it home. I might ask Bill though I just borrowed his truck on Friday to bring home a used sofa I bought on craigslist. The old sofa was so past bad and really needed to go. The new one is in relatively good shape and was inexpensive. Hopefully it will hold up to foster dogs, but if not, it was inexpensive and I can always go back to craigslist for a replacement.

No comments: