Thursday, March 5, 2009

Busy, busy

Have just been too busy to blog. Work has kept me hopping, even some on weekends. I left Baxter at the shelter on Friday last weekend and didn't even go on Sat. but went for a few hours on Sunday. No one has shown any real interest in Baxter. Karma had an application and if it is approved, she will likely be going home this weekend so it will be time to find Baxter another dog to share a run with when he is at the shelter. Baxter has been being fairly good though he has done some chewing on some decaying wood on the deck and in the dog digging box. There is one pole on the deck that Baxter seems to have a real interest in. There were insects flying into an empty knot hole on the side of it and he was really chasing the bugs and I wonder if they were termites or some type of wood eating bug as he keeps going back to that spot. I took at stick and smashed inside the hole in case there were any bugs or eggs, but it makes me wonder if he isn't sensitive to/smelling wood eating bugs. I went out and poured some white vinegar over the spots he was chewing to discourage him and have to keep a better eye on him out there. With all my long hours, he hasn't been getting a good night walk. I have been getting in one in the early morning and one after work, but not a "calm down and go lay down one". He has been chewing on bones and playing with stuffed toys and then going and laying down in his crate which has been nice for me.

No comments: