Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March is coming to an end

It has been 3.5 months with Baxter and no nibbles of interest. He is the sweetest thing and has been a great foster other than the chewing on the wood outside when left to his own devices and bored. I think he would do fine in an active family that will take him out to play or will send him to doggy day care a day or 2 a week to really tire him out. He uses his crate as his personal space and just lays in there with the door open when I am working from home and he is chilling. He likes squeaky toys, puzzle food games, etc. He is an all around great dog. He has been sitting at the door 100% of the time before walks and is getting better at stay at the door (I use "wait"). I can open the door and he will just sit there until I tell him let's go. I need to step up the training some. I think "leave it" should be next as he is a chow hound and stole my half eaten bagel off the counter last week when I left my plate up there for a while and was in another room. I need to figure out how to get him more exposure. I think perhaps some additional adoption days other than just my own.

No comments: