Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Crate

Well, I have stopped crating Baxter during the day. He has settled into a pattern whether I am working from home or not of laying around during the day and not being overly active and then expecting me to be active with him in the evening. I haven't been crating him at night either, though I am having some second thoughts on that. Ben had a couple of friends and their computers over last night and Baxter wanted to come sleep on the floor in the bedroom so that was fine except that he wanted to get up and wander around the house and I had the bedroom door shut. I put him back out of the room and he came pounding/scratching on the door to get in. Overall, not very successful. I should have just put him in his crate and said good night.

Went running/walking with Baxter this morning. For the first 1/2 mile or so he was a little ahead of me and wanted to stop here and there and sniff and pee. Then we walked a bit and then ran the last mile home and he stayed right next to me or a foot behind me the whole way home. I prefer him to stay beside or just behind me.

No comments: