Sunday, July 5, 2009

Long hot shelter weekend

I took Baxter to the shelter Friday evening so I could have some quiet time and so he would be there on Sat/Sun. I came to find out that we were indeed going to be closed on Sat (4th July), but decided that I was going to be there doing work anyway and so to leave him. Also, I was headed to Houston early on Sun so better to have him at the shelter. Just picked him up and he is happy to be home. He is laying on the cool floor chilling. Ignoring the month plus that I had Cassie, Baxter has basically been here about 6 months. Not sure what to do to "market" him better, but it is time to do something. He is a lovely dog. He has settled in to my routine of hanging during the day and then gets "energetic" in the evening when I am available. He will make someone a good companion, but we have to find that someone.

1 comment:

Anna Schafer said...

The Earth, especially dirt packed trails, stays much cooler than man-made surfaces, and the shade helps too.Lej en pølsevogn