Monday, October 19, 2009

Injured leg

Baxter hurt his leg running down a flight of stairs last week. I was at a friends on Wed evening and he was upstairs. I called him to come down and he came running down the stairs, turned at the landing and came on down and then he was holding up one leg. I was a bit concerned. He limped his way to his bed and home and aside from jumping on the guest bed to nap when he wasn't supposed to, he was pretty subdued. I let him out back in the morning to go to the bathroom, but that was about it for him. He was still limping but no visible trauma. I took him to the vet Thurs. morning and the doc said it is most likely just a sprain and to give him Rimadyl for 2 weeks and keep him pretty quiet. He is hanging in his crate at the shelter now since I had a busy weekend.

No comments: