Friday, October 30, 2009

This and that

The leg is seeming fine now. Baxter has been very well behaved even though he hasn't been getting a lot of exercise. He has been laying around when he isn't allowed to go anywhere. He did find a phone jack splitter on the ground in my room and chew it up, but that's all he has gotten into this week. My sister in law came over with her 2 dogs to meet Baxter because I am going to dog sit and the meeting went fine. Her dog Curly was a bit protective of me and didn't want Baxter coming over to me, but I made a point of petting him in front of her and then petting her and taking a treat away from her and giving it to him. Baxter just kept trying to induce the 2 dogs into playing but didn't get far with it. I think things will be ok if I have the 3 dogs at once, but Curly may get a bit testy.

I took Baxter to the shelter this afternoon so that he could spend a little time outside with Karma. While I was there, I pumped the excess water out of the courtyard. Monica talked to me about taking either Payton or Oryo into temporary foster. Payton could use a break from the stress of the shelter and Oryo is being a pain with the other dogs and needs some "home" experience which he seems to have never had. It is a tough call, but I will take one of them home next week. Still pondering it.

No comments: