Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Another dog, another mini blind

A bit of separation anxiety I think today. Ben and I went out for an appointment and were gone for a bit over an hour, maybe 1.5 and when we got back, I discovered that Hermes had "marked" the foot high wall in the front hallway and when cleaning it up, I discovered that the small mini-blinds in the thin window next to the door was pulled up and very mangled. A few of the blind blades had been chewed up. I don't remember it being like that. I am certain that Hermes got antsy and chewed the blinds and pulled the strings. I am not too upset about the blinds, it shouldn't be too pricey to replace. I am pretty unhappy about the marking in the house. Hermes marked near that spot the other day when I left the house. I know he is house trained and he does great at night, but he hasn't done that well with me leaving him. Dana had given me some information about training for separation anxiety when we had problems with Bubby and I think it is time to bring it out and put it to use.

No comments: