Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Little kids

I meant to post last week but never got around to it. I have seen mixed results from Baxter with kids. I have a number of times in the past stopped to let kids of different ages pet Baxter and he used to take it well, but we have him listed as no kids at the shelter. We were walking along late last week and 2 little kids (say 2 and 3) came running noisily out of their house and he started looking at them nervously. We walked right on by and he looked back to "cover his flank". I am not a big fan of little kids that age myself, so I was in agreement with him. We did have another time a few weeks back where we were walking by some kids, one of whom has met Baxter and petted him before (I would guess she is about a 3rd grader) and we stopped so she could pet him and she had a friend there sitting on his bike and Baxter was shying away from both of them and so I said maybe another time and we walked on. I guess the safest thing is to stick with "no kids".

No comments: