Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Picked up a stray

We went to pick up the mail down at the box yesterday and a little brindle pit pup wandered up to us. She looked to be about 3-4 months old and she was wearing a invisible fence collar, but no tags. She is very friendly and I called down to the house and had Ben bring a leash over. I walked her down the block to see if anyone was looking for her, but no one came out and she went to lay down in some grass. I picked her up and took her home to get some water and she and Baxter played for a few minutes and then I took her around the corner to the local vet to have her scanned for a chip. Sure enough she was chipped and I gave my contact number and took her home. She and Baxter got along great and ran around and then laid on different dog beds and chewed on bones. The owners called me about 10 minutes later and came and picked her up an hour or so later. She lives a block and 1/2 from the mailboxes.

No comments: