Sunday, May 13, 2007

6 weeks

I picked up Bubby from her appointment yesterday and the tech said she did fine. They gave me some pain killers for her to take 2 times per day for 3 days and said keep her quiet/comfortable for ....................... 6 weeks. Yes, there is a fill in the blank for the aftercare form and they filled in 6 weeks. That is a long time. Well, she will be with us at least into July. She is due for a followup test in 4 months, but if she is adopted after completing her recuperation, that can be a condition of the adoption.

I decided that she can lay around the house wherever we are when we are home,but when we are gone, I can't guarantee that she is just laying in the treadmill room, so I will have to crate her. She doesn't like it and will lay down and try to dig her claws in, but the floors don't let her get a grip and I can pick her up and push her into the crate. That is going to be a lot of fun for 6 weeks. I need to call the cleaning lady and let her know what I want her to do when she comes this week.

Oh well, she doesn't seem to show any ill effects of the treatment and that is great. We will just dig in and try to keep things calm around here for the next 6 weeks.

No comments: