Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Haven't said this in a while - Eddie came to visit

After taking KD for an afternoon walk yesterday, we came in and after a few minutes, KD was barking at the back door. I saw what I thought was a cat at the back fence and let her out to investigate. I followed her out and that wasn't a cat and it wasn't leaving. It was Eddie. If you have read the blog from way back, you remember Eddie. Eddie is a little dog that lives in the neighborhood behind ours and came under the fence a few times a long time back (February of 2007). Well, KD really wanted to play with Eddie, but he didn't seem that interested. They sniffed each other as dogs will and she kept at him and he barked at her a little bit. No teeth were shown or anything that aggressive, just a growl from him. I picked him up and called his owners and left a message and then took the dogs inside and let the go explore. KD was very patient even when Eddie was trying out one of her bones. Eddie wanted to be picked up and get out of KDs way, so I carried him a little bit and then I put him back down but KD was getting too insistent on playing, so I crated Eddie for a little bit. Eventually his owner came and he was headed back home.

No comments: