Monday, March 3, 2008

60 lbs of love

Adrien is so sweet. She isn't submissive, but she isn't dominant. She has a tongue that just won't quit, but she will go lay down on her comforter or in the doggy bed when she is not following you around the house. She seems to like to go out in the backyard and wander around a bit, but is still a bit tentative, so won't go on out by herself.

The Austin Boxer Rescue (http://austinboxerrescue.com) event on Saturday was pretty good. They have a lot of Boxers in foster. They had a number of folks who were pre-approved through their process who came out to find the dog that they liked the best. We will have to wait to see if a spot opens up for Adrien with them in the next few weeks if we don't place her first.

I got a call from Monica at the shelter yesterday asking me to bring Adrien over. I would normally have had her there already, but I was doing other shelter stuff in the AM and bruised my hand and was home icing it. I took her over to the shelter and ran some errands. The family that wanted to meet her seemed very nice and they liked her a lot and put in an application. We will have to see what the adoption counselor says about them.

From taking Adrien for a few walks, I know she is good on a leash though she will cross in front of me every so often which is a trip hazard but I just walk on through her. She isn't interested in birds, but squirrels make her pull at the leash. Her shelter information says no cats though she didn't pull at the leash when looking at a cat the other morning and I took her in the little cat room and she and Peter just stared at each other. I have left her inside and gone out to run errands with no ill effects. She has looked up at the couch a few times but hasn't jumped on while I was here. Overall, a very sweet girl if you don't mind a lot of kisses.

No comments: