Thursday, June 12, 2008

Back to the usual

Well, having KD back for 2 weeks now and things are like nothing has changed. I did give her a few corrections with the leash the other day when she picked up a dead bird while we were out for a walk and she dropped it. I have been able to get her to leave the dead stuff alone, so that is good. We go out for a walk or walk/run early in the morning and then she hangs out and she hangs out all day (laying on the couches when I am not looking) waiting for me to get back. If I leave the house for an errand, she lays in the front doorway looking out the thin window next to the door. She is a good little companion and very loyal. She is back to digging some holes near the house to bury her rawhides. I have the big dog sand/pebble box. I need to get in the habit of burying treats there for her to find so that she will do it also. She hasn't dug any big holes, just pulled back a bit of grass right next to the downspout and moved some rocks around at the base of the trees.

No comments: