Sunday, July 13, 2008

At the shelter

KD got to spend the night at the shelter since I was taking Ben to Houston on Saturday and we would be leaving too early for me to drop her off. No reports of any problems, but alas, still no reports of interest. She is out there laying in her pool waiting for me to pick her up. It is another blazing Sunday here in sunny Leander and things have been really quite since I got to the shelter. I finished off all but 1 of the stencils for the curb stops. Now I just have to do "Sofie & Gwenevire". Ouch, that is a lot of cutting. I need to get with Michelle and see when we want to do the actual painting. We are going to use sponge brushes, but I was cleaning my closet today and came across my airbrush. One of those things I got and played with once and never really used / took the time to get decent at. It would be good for this type of thing, but I should just break it out and play with it with my little compressor at home and see if I can master the basics. Cutting stencils isn't difficult, just time consuming. They can be a little rough with the lettering, but for something more interesting, probably have to be painstaking to ensure it is nipped just right. Anyway, KD and I will head home soon from the shelter and she will plop down on her comforter exhausted and glad to be home.

No comments: