Monday, July 28, 2008

A little shopping

It has become a habit that I do a little shopping on Sunday morning. The folks at the local Walgreen's know me as I am always in there working on some discount deal. A few weekends ago when I was walking to the Walgreens with my friend and KD, the cashier told me that they didn't have to stay outside. Apparently it is ok for dogs to come in the store. Well, I have walked KD over there a few times now. It is around a mile (I think) and we grab a few things and then walk on home. She likes it a lot better than staying outside, though she can be a little weary of strangers. I put her on the running leash/belt with the leash adjusted to its shortest this past Sunday. We wandered here and there in the store and then we were several minutes at the checkout because of coupons. Somehow KD's end of the leash became unclipped. She wandered under the little table behind me and I told her to come out and she came over so I could clip her again. I have to get a replacement doubleclip leash as this is the same leash where she became unclipped on a run and ran back to the house.

It was blazing hot at the shelter this weekend. I made sure to fill the pools but KD and Ringo had the pool with the hole in the side. I found 1 more pool in the shed and put it under their shade cover and they hopped right in to cool off.

No comments: