Monday, December 22, 2008

Petco

I took Moolatte to the Petco Lakeline adoption day this past Saturday. He was very apprehensive and wouldn't go up and greet anyone but he would back up to me and I would pet him and tell them to come over to pet him. I got a lot of questions about what kind of dog he is. A lot of people commented on how pretty he is and how interesting his markings are. By the end of the 3 hours, he was ready to go home. He did let me pet him a bunch and spent time backed up to me, so that actually helped our relationship. At home, he took more petting. He is least timid in the kitchen and will come in and sit for petting and I had Ben come over and pet him with me. When I would stop petting, he would put his head under my hand for more. He even sniffed over at Ben's hand for a little petting. I left Moolatte at the shelter last night as I was having my friend over for candle lighting and she seems to be allergic to him. She and I were rubbing his belly and petting on him on Sat. evening and she started to get itchy eyes and a tight throat. It was time to leave for a bit and I left him at the shelter Sun. night and cleaned the place so she could come back for candle lighting. I brought him home this afternoon, but am not sure if it will work out because of the allergy thing. I figure that Ben and I will be here at least a few days since Ben had his wisdom teeth out this morning, so Moolatte can hang out here and then if we leave town, he can go to the shelter and if I am to hang out with my friend this week, it won't be here.

No comments: