Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cold weather

Man it was cold out this morning. I never dig grab a coat for Ryan but if this weather is going to stay,I am going to have to run up to the shelter. I could use an XPen from there anyway. I have been trying to keep Ryan from joining me in bed by blocking him out. I put up some little fences but they were too low and he just jumped up. I doubled up the fence last night but there was a small gap at the head of the bed and he exploited it. I was sleeping and he got up and I blocked it with my dresser door after I put him down. The door swings and he was able to get back up later while I was asleep.

Tonight, I plan on blocking that opening better. I wonder if it is cold on the dog bed on the floor and it is warmer snuggling with me or if he just wants to be in bed with me because I am there. I know crating him would stop him from getting in bed, but then he whines incessantly. I just want him to lay down on his bed and leave me to mine and me not having to get up and put him back down over and over.





Wait at the door is going somewhat better. He doesn't stay there the first time. He will sit and wait while the door swings open and I can step toward the door and out, but sometimes it takes a few times for him to stay after the door is opened and I have to pull him back and start again.

No comments: