Friday, December 26, 2008

What to do about Moo

Moolatte is hanging at the shelter while we are out of town for a few days. He was with us for 1 week and it is hard to tell if I am making any progress at all. It seems like every morning when I get up he is his old timid self again and running around away from me except in the kitchen. Once I pet him some in the kitchen, he seems to get better, but not great. I have gotten him to come lay by me and let me pet him and even give him a belly rub, but it is slow progress for 1 week. When I went to drop him off, he came in the office and saw Mallory and he wagged his tail and went right over to see her.

With Lori's allergies, it probably makes sense to get a different dog, but the choices of a short hair dog are pretty limited right now. I am still undecided as to whether to pick Moolatte up at the shelter on Monday or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you are able to pet Moo on the head, he'll turn himself inside out for a scratch behind the ear and down his neck.