Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Chewing

I got Baxter a new chew squeaky toy. He seems to really like it along with the head of one of the other old stuff toyed which I keep restuffing. It was very rainy yesterday morning and I took Baxter for a walk during a break in the rain. We got drenched on the last 3 blocks. I had a meeting downtown at lunch and crated Baxter for couple of hours and then was busy here and then had an appt. away and he was crated for a couple of hours. Then dinner and a long conf. call. I let him out back and played frisbee with him for a bit but then left him there. Well, this is why he was returned to the shelter. Destructive boredom behavior. He was chewing on some sticks and then decided to chew the baseboard of the deck. I went out and stopped him and brought him in. I dropped off my conf. call and took him for a 30 minute walk and he settled down for the evening. If I had been thinking instead of so busy, I would have put him on the treadmill while I was listening on the conf. call, but I got absorbed.

No comments: