Monday, February 2, 2009

Antsy

Baxter seems energetic this morning. I took him for the usual 1.5 mile loop earlier. He played out back a bit also, but it is windy and cool. I was on the phone with my boss and I had to stop him from nibbling on the corner of the molding. Twice. I took him out back and threw him a stick. He has plenty of sticks to chew on out there. He did that for a bit and then came in. I gave him a kong with some treats in it and he messed with that for a while and finally I decided it was time for some treadmill. He did 7.5 minutes at 5% incline and 2mph. I am experimenting with more incline and think I can go a few more degrees with no problems. The pace is a tough one, but incline also makes it tougher, so I think that is the least innocuous way to do it for now.

I meant to mention that Cassie was doing much better on Sat. when I saw her. Of course then she was running around more and starting favoring off her bad leg again, but it seems that some crating did her well, but she gets totally stir crazy.

No comments: