Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wow, a week

Since my last post. Baxter spent the weekend at the shelter from Fri-Sun since I was doing marathon course stuff all weekend. He was really happy to see me on Sunday. He spent most of Sun. evening and Mon. morning just laying around. My friend Lori came over Monday night and I was out getting groceries for dinner. When I got back and started prepping, I heard Baxter on the treadmill. She had gotten him on there with no incline, but moving along at 3.0 mph. She didn't even have real treats, just pieces of his regular dog food.

I went to the office on Tues. and he was really glad to see me at the end of the day. He was bounding with energy after hanging out in his crate all day. I took him to Petco to buy some bones and took him for a walk. He was off the wall with energy later in the evening and then calmed down. Today he was enjoying the warm weather and hanging in the yard mostly. We went for a couple of walks and he crashed in his crate while I did conferences calls. A few status charts and I will call it a night. He goes into his crate to hang out and lay around and if I don't go close the door when I go to bed, he is still in there in the morning. I have left the door open a couple of times in the last week with no problem.

No comments: