Thursday, February 12, 2009

I can learn

I have been full of meetings lately. But, after the deck chewing the other day, I have been trying to be mindful of what the dog is doing and not just let him go out. I have been trying to play with him off and on and also get him out for his walks when I get a chance in between calls. He really likes to play with tossable things in the backyard. I have the MegaTuffy ring, I have a flying disk that is a 1/2 thick ring on the outside with a mesh of fabric inside that he likes to rip, a plastic frisbee and some rope pulls. He chases after them and then stops to chew them. He will bring it to me to play tug or I can walk over and he lets me grab a hold and pull. He will let me take it from him and throw it again.

I was thinking last night that I used to want a doggie door so that the dog could go in and out at will, but now that I consider it, it would be a mess. The backyard doesn't have good grass right now and is muddy and if the dog was bored and went out and started chewing, I wouldn't know.

The dog does go and get on the treadmill and wait for me because he knows he gets treats. I was on a call yesterday and couldn't handle the noise from the treadmill, so I couldn't let him do the treadmill, but he went off and played by himself and it was fine.

No comments: