Tuesday, April 17, 2007

It's like riding a bike, well, kinda

Charlie is coming along fine. I have started to figure out his schedule and he didn't soil his crate the past 2 nights, he stayed home in the kitchen for 5 hours yesterday and didn't have an accident or any since I ignored him too long yesterday morning. He seems to need to poop twice for breakfast and again for dinner (yes, I know, TMI). He seems to be bonding with Ben and I. Ben is taking responsibility for feeding him and making sure he gets out to go in the evening and I take him out in the morning. Ben has started working on Sit and Down. Sit seems to be going well, down needs a lot of work.

Charlie is really a lap dog. At 5 months and about 26.5 pounds, that is okay, but I wonder when he grows a bit more how that will work. He likes to lay in his 2 beds and just hang out until he is offered to play fetch. He will come over and sit in your lap if you sit on the floor and he likes to have his belly rubbed. Typical dog behaviour. Ben and I need to work on getting him to walk on leash. I can put it on him, but he doesn't seem to want to go anywhere on leash. I have seen lots of puppies who follow along on leash, chewing on the leash all the way, but Charlie just goes a short way in the yard and then sits down. He wants to head back to home. Will have to encourage him with some treats.

No comments: