Saturday, April 14, 2007

Welcome Charlie


There is a new foster dog in the household. Little Charlie has been at the shelter for around 2 months now. He was abandoned with his brother Oscar near the property of one of our volunteers and came into the shelter in mid February. Oscar was adopted fairly quickly, but not Charlie. Charlie is close to 5 months old. He is a mix breed, current thinking is Pit Bull, Shepard and some other stuff. He came home with us this evening after working at the shelter. He is a cute little friendly guy and I am not sure why he hasn't been adopted yet, but Monica wanted him to get out of the shelter for a while since he is essentially stuck growing up there, so here he is. Ben is particularly happy to have a puppy and we agreed that Ben will train Charlie. I will write more as things progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was the volunteer who brought "Oscar" and "Charlie" in. I want to thank you for taking the time and giving your love to them. I already have 4 dogs - 3 of them rescue- so was unable to keep them any longer than I did. I couldn't believe that someone could leave such sweet faces in a box to go wherever. Thanks again and can't wait til Charlie finds a forever family! I'll be checking in.