Tuesday, September 9, 2008

More separation anxiety

Well, I have been crating Ryan whenever I leave the house and the bottom of the crate is all scratched up and one of the riveted clips that holds the window in the side of the crate was chewed up in his crate yesterday. Today I decided to let him be in the house again and see what happened. When I got home, I found that he had knocked some stuff off the top of the microwave on the counter in the kitchen and chewed off the end of a retractable leash. I thought, hmm, not too bad. Later, when I went to the bedroom, I noticed the door open to the front bedroom of the house and the laundry room. They weren't when I left. The door doesn't latch well in the front bedroom (door jam is out of alignment, just had the foundation leveled, but it hasn't adjusted itself) and he jumped on it and it opened. The double window mini blinds on the front window of the house were totally trashed. They were down and he wanted to see out and jumped on it and chewed on it. I had to cut out the bottom 1/4 of the slats just so that it would almost lift up a bit. there are some issues with the strings at the far end of the blind that I need to work on. Same story in the laundry room. He knocked it open, knocked the laundry hamper out of the way and smashed up the blinds. I was able to adjust the door latch in that room so that it appears to close now, but when I leave, he has to go into the crate. Between him and Bubbette, I am now down 4 mini blinds (and 1 more in the back of the family room that got a bit bent up but I didn't have to remove any slats. Oh well, someone at work who fosters dogs said, "you can't be house proud if you are fostering dogs." Too true.

No comments: