Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ryan seems to be coming along

Ryan seems to be coming out of his shell a good bit. He hangs with me wherever I am in the house or the yard. He gets excited about going out for a walk. He is coming over to Ben when Ben calls him even if I am in the room. He loves to get in the car and go for a ride. All good stuff.

This past weekend, I got a couple of things from the shelter to help with the craziness in the crate. I got a spray bottle of DAP (dog appeasing pheromone). I spray it in the crate before leaving. I also got some Rescue Remedy which is an herbal tablet that is supposed to help calm him. The combo seems to be going well. With those and some bones in his crate, he hasn't completely shredded the sheet I threw in for him in the crate (also brought home some extra sheets that were donated to the shelter).

I got a few new pictures of Ryan and added them to his picture section on the wiki. I also changed the static picture of current foster to a slideshow of the pics of the current foster.

I have a Petco adoption day this weekend and of course will take Ryan. The exposure to folks should do him good. Last month, I took him with to my 5th Saturday adoption event and he laid under the table the whole time. Hopefully not this time.

No comments: