Thursday, November 27, 2008

2 more weeks (ish)

Well, it is now closer to 2 more weeks. I made that list of things to work on with Ryan in my last post and we have been focusing mostly on wait at the door. He is getting a little better, but I need to do it more repetitively. We do it every time we go for a walk or to get in the car, but that is only like 2-3 times a day. He is showing improvement, but I need to step up the number of times we do it by going for more short walks and just doing the door thing over and over.

The bed thing is another story. I didn't have any perseverance at crating him at night. I put a crate in my bedroom but he just sits there and whines and howls. I scoop him up to put him in there and I have to shove him through the door unlike the crate in the living room where I put him down in front of it (still have to pick him up to get him over to it) and he walks on it and sits down. I have been letting him sleep on his doggy bed. The other night he hopped up on the bed and I put him back down and we repeated a number of times. Of course when I awoke in the morning it was because he was snuggled up against me and it was too hot. A little baby play yard won't keep him in, so I think an xpen around his doggy bed is the next best idea.

No comments: