Tuesday, November 18, 2008

2 more weeks

Well, there really hasn't been any public interest in Ryan. That isn't to say that Desiree hasn't been having Ryan over for playdates with her 2 dogs. She plans on adopting him after Thanksgiving which means he is with me for about 2 more weeks. I have been watching a lot of "It's me or the dog" on Animal Planet and it just reinforces that I have been more lenient with Ryan than any of the other foster dogs and I need to spend some time during these last weeks trying to get things straightened out. I need to get the crate down from the garage (the smaller of the 2 crates) and put it next to my bed and stop letting him jump up on the bed at night. It has been easy to let him snuggle up next to me when he wakes at night instead of letting him run around and wake me, but that isn't the right thing to do. I also need to stop him from jumping up like crazy when he gets excited about me returning home or about going for a walk. Time to try to buckle down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David,

It will be sometime after December 13th that I will be able to take Ryan home. Hope that's ok.