Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday night at the shelter

Well, things didn't go as quickly tonight. I was covering the 5-9 again and I got here a bit before 5 and the food was out for the dogs but I needed to walk them all in and then I needed to clean the outdoor runs. No CSRs tonight and it seemed to take me forever between getting the first one in and the last. I quickly cleaned outside and started back through getting the dogs out. The intake dogs had to wait until I got all the little dog room dogs out and then I carried out the intake dogs (well, most of them). I was getting flustered at how long the after dinner walks were taking but you need to get them to do all their business or you clean it up at the end of the night. I didn't quite make it to getting all the dogs their after dinner walk when I decided I needed to scoop up Maggie/JD because it was too cold out for them to stay out. I got the last dogs out and walked Cassie and put her back in. I checked the crates and cleaned up a bit and then brought Jessie back in and then the little dogs and then the intake room and then the big dogs. By then, it was around 8 and I still needed to do some more cleaning. I just finished and am taking a break before checking the doors/windows and turning off the lights/radios and letting the dogs go to bed. I have a little more time before 9, so I will go do a bit more cleaning and then call it a night. I am going to an Eagle court of honor for 9 boys from the old troop tomorrow, so Baxter has to spend the night here again so that I don't have to bring him up in the morning.

No comments: