Friday, November 13, 2009

The good, the bad and the stinky

The cleaning ladies came yesterday. I met them at the door and told them that Oryo likes to growl at new people and isn't very trusting. I put a jar of treats there for them to have some to drop for him and asked them to not try to pet him or look at him, but rather just to toss a treat in his direction and go about their business (kind of Cesar Milan's no talk, no look, no touch). Jeny tried to pet him anyway and he wasn't having any of it. One of the other ladies took a handful of treats. Oryo was leery of the first treat and didn't pick it up so I took him back with me to the guest room and he stared out in the hall as they worked. One of the cleaning ladies kept tossing him treats occasionally and he got used to it and started to follow them around a bit. He let one of them pet him and overall he was very good with no more barking or growling.

I was sorting some old race packets yesterday to break them down and recycle the old papers in them and I went out on an errand and dinner and left some boxes with shopping bags full of stuff on the chairs at the table. When I got back, Oryo had jumped up at one of the boxes and knocked it on the floor and stuff had spilled all over. There were 2 bags in that box, 1 had "give blood" rubber bracelets in little plastic wrappers and blood bank pens and the other had Snickers Marathon energy bars. There were about a dozen bars around the room and into the next room with teeth marks through the wrappers and one had a corner ripped off but no evidence that the dog actually ate any. I cleaned up the mess and sealed the box and put it up out of reach.

I planned to bathe Oryo with some tar shampoo today as he is always itchy and it is good for that. I was going to wait for this afternoon, but on our walk this morning, he rolled in the dew filled grass of a yard and came up smelling like poo. Then he felt the need to shake off, yuck. We went home, I put my dirty stuff in the laundry and put him in the tub. He got an early bath and then I got my shower.

No comments: