Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A good first day

Well, the first night with Oryo went fine, no chewing of his crate bedding or any noises, etc and the first full day yesterday was good also. He went out to the bathroom when I let him out and when we walked and didn't have any accidents. He eats well and follows me around the house to hang out with me. His confidence level as measured by his tail on our walks is picking up and he seems to be learning the way that I want to walk. His tail is up for the whole route but he shies away from a fenceline where there are barking dogs along one sidewalk. He seems to prefer laying on the cool floor to the comforters which is fine. He ate the ends off a bone that was sitting around here yesterday and a couple of hours later he got up from laying beside me and walked over to the comforter across the room and spit up. I appreciated that he went to the comforter to spit up as it was a dog comforter and it was easy to just pick it up and take it outside and hose it off instead of having to mop the floor. He didn't have any other stomach issues and I think it was just too much of a good thing. I left him home today in his crate for half the day while I was at my office. I chose to change out the bedding in the crate for just sheets instead of leaving any temptation for him to unstuff a comforter and he didn't do anything to the sheets. He was happy to see me, to get out of the crate, to jump up and down and head outside to "take a break".

No comments: