Sunday, February 18, 2007

Adoption Day, Eddy, Happy New Year

Well, it's been about a week since I last wrote. Happy Chinese New Year to everyone. The year of the dog is over, welcome to the year of the Golden Pig. Yesterday was my monthly adoption day at Petco and I decided it was time for Sandy to get more exposure. Ben wasn't feeling well, so he stayed at home I took just Sandy. She enjoyed the car ride (she has taken a number in the last few weeks and does well. I setup the table and chair inside Petco and setup the brochures, etc. and then I went and got Sandy. I just hung out and Sandy just got comfy and lay there next to me (since I had a short leash). She really liked it when other dogs came in and showed her playful side, but aside from that she pretty much lay there. She let most people come up and pet her though she did growl at one young girl but she let the little girl pet her also. There were a few people that showed some interest in Sandy as a second dog for their other dogs. After Petco, I decided to drop off Sandy at home before taking the stuff back to the shelter. I took her off leash and let her in the backyard and she dashed over to the fence and poked her head under. When she pulled her head back, Eddy popped through. His 4th visit in 2 weeks. I sent him off home and then took the stuff back to the shelter. Next weekend, we have obedience training at Tomlinson on Saturday and on Sunday, I will take Sandy by the shelter so she starts getting more exposure.

No comments: