Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Midweek training report

Was thinking on the way to work this morning that I should do a quick post on how things are going with the training. Sandy has sit mastered and is doing really well with down. I need to practice down more and also in different places than just inside the house. We took a walk yesterday doing the walk a short bit and then do a sit and that seemed to work okay. She was still trying to wander around, but I need to do it everyday so she gets in the habit of thinking, oh, we are just going to that next driveway, and then the next driveway.

Sandy is really starting to like to ride in the back of the car. At first, she was hesistant and I had to pick her up to get her in the back there but she seemed to enjoy the ride. Now when I take her to the back of the SUV with the back open, she jumps right up in there. She sure can leap for a short stubby dog. When I took her to the shelter on Sunday and went back to pick her up, she was bounding against the fence, happy to see me. She was literally up off the ground, bouncing up in the air. I have also seen her do that in the last few days watching her chasing squirrels out back.

No comments: