Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Where have all the rawhides gone, short time after


I gave Sandy a 6" circular rawhide earlier in the week and she took it in her mouth and walked happily around the house with it. It was in her mouth and wrapped around her nose like a donut. When she went to backdoor the first time, I wouldn't let her take it out. The second time, I relented and figured what the heck. Sandy went out and trotted around the backyard and about 3-5 minutes later came back without the rawhide. I went out and walked around the backyard and couldn't find any site of it nor any places that looked like she had dug a hole to bury it. It was a mystery but I figured, oh well. I have subsequently given her a plastic/rubber newspaper toy to carry around/play with in the backyard since she seemed to be playing with half of a broken plastic planter that was laying in a corner of the yard. She seems to like it. This morning, while I was on a conference call, I left the backdoor ajar so she could run in and out some. I saw her out of the corner of my eye running around in the backyard with a big 7" knot ended rawhide bone in her mouth in the backyard. Yep, you guessed it, a few minutes later she was back inside without it. I just did a quick loop around the yard and I found the newspaper toy, but again no rawhide. These things are like socks in a dryer, but more expensive. On the upside, I got them as a free sample from ruffchews.com with an order, but on the downside, where the heck are they? Is she giving them under the fence to the dog that lives behind us? Is she burying them quickly? Is there a transdimensional portal somewhere in my yard? Foster dads want to know.

No comments: