Monday, August 20, 2007

Hermes rides shotgun


I took Hermes to an adoption days a few months back, well before I was fostering him. I put him in the car and the stuff in the car and he hopped up front to ride shotgun. I had to stop the car, take him out, block the front and then put him in the back. I had some good luck putting him in the back since fostering him but have used a gate to keep him out of the front. Last week when he had KD sleep over, I was taking them back to the shelter and put both of them in the back of the car and went to get my drink in the house. I came back out and KD was still in the back, but Hermes was in the front passenger seat. He rode well that way all the way to the shelter and so this weekend, I put the dropcloth over the seat up front and let him ride shotgun with me. He is very funny. He sits sideways looking at me and leans against the seat and lays his head on the top of the seat next to the headrest. At the end of a long hot day at the shelter, he does that and closes his eyes to nap. He did curl up on the seat a few times, but mostly sits up trying to nap sitting up and leaning back. I took some pics with my cellphone camera and will try to get them onto the computer and post one here.

No comments: