Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend at the shelter

Hermes and I spent most of the weekend at the shelter. Saturday was my monthly Petco Lakeline adoption day and since Ben was at a friend's party, I was solo. I was just going to take Hermes and do the noon - 3pm time, but I got a call from the shelter president on Friday and she wanted to take Hermes to a photo shoot for the cover of the next Austin Pet Directory. I went to the shelter and Amber had gotten out of her run and into Elvis's and was being kept inside. Since she got passed over for the photo shoot, I took her to my adoption day. She was very sweet and did fine. After Hermes was done with his photo shoot, she dropped him back by Petco for me and he and Amber seemed to be getting along, though Hermes black undercoat hairs were standing up, so she took Amber back to the shelter and Hermes and I hung out. I got the canvas drop cloth that I use to cover the seats in the car and put it on the floor and Hermes got tired and laid on it. My officemate came to visit with Hermes and Hermes was well behaved.

On Sunday, I took Hermes to be at the shelter and brought my work to do. I put him out with KD in their outdoor run. He had a couple of visitors who were interested and met with him in the meet and greet run. None of them put in an application. There was someone who called on Saturday to ask about Hermes and was supposed to come in from Killeen to visit him on Sunday, but I never saw them. I took Hermes in the office later in the day and he was being pretty well behaved, but some people came in and wanted to visit with Lacey and she came through the office and Hermes growled and barked at her. They wanted to visit with Amber also and that went fine. Hermes and Amber just sniffed at each other and behaved nicely together. It was a long hot day at the shelter, but no real progress on finding Hermes a home.

No comments: