Saturday, August 11, 2007

Slumber Party

KD came to visit last night. I decided that Hermes was getting into mischief because he didn't have anyone paying him any attention at times and then he would get into some trouble. I asked Monica if I could bring KD home. KD and Hermes share an outside run at the shelter when he is there. I figured they already get along well and are familiar with each other and might play. They got along just great. I took them out for a walk a while after she arrived and it was like flying a 2 line kite. I put a old comforter that I purchased from Goodwill, for just such a thing, onto the floor as a dog bed for KD. Unfortunately, she must have slept in the bed at a previous owner's house, because she kept hopping in bed. The dogs played musical beds back and forth between the 2 dog beds, mostly Hermes taking over the bed he wanted and KD just going to the other. The slumber party was a pretty good success and they are getting along fine. They play together some and lay down in separate corners some. The worst part of the experience is that KD had diarrhea. She seemed to be trying to get outside to have it since it was only in the living room on the stained concrete floor by the back door. A little cleaning and a breakfast of white rice and it was taken care of. The dogs seem to be napping now which is little wonder since they didn't settle down until past 3am and they were up before 7am. I should grab a nap too, but I am not sleepy now, maybe later.

No comments: