Sunday, August 10, 2008

1 year ago today

At KD's exit today, we were going through the file and there was the original foster sheet I filled out on KD. It wasn't for the time that I ended up taking her home after Hermes, it was from 1 year ago today when I took her home to have a slumber party with Hermes. That night I had to keep tossing her off my bed so that she would sleep on the floor. Well, it took a year, but she finally found a home that I hope will be permanent. Katie and Leo are really nice and KD went out the door with them without any hesitation. We have been together a long time on and off and she was very happy at the shelter this morning because it was a staff meeting and all the caretakers were there (well, almost all) and she was so happy to visit with April and Desiree and Mallory and Monica. It was a good send off.

So now what? Ben and I are out of town next weekend so I was figuring we wouldn't get another dog until after that, but he was asking today about another dog. We will see what he is thinking tomorrow and we might go to the shelter and see what we think.

No comments: