Thursday, August 21, 2008

A day at work

Ben and Ryan seemed to get along well last night. Ryan let up his fear a little bit. Enough to let Ben do a small amount of petting. I went to the office today and wasn't sure what would happen. Ben was asleep and I left the house. Ben tells me that Ryan was fairly vocal. Aside from all around fear, he seems to suffer from separation anxiety. Ben called to tell me Ryan threw up a few times. I am guessing it was stress because the cleaning lady was here today. When I came home, Ryan didn't want to come to me and didn't want to leave Ben. I took him for a short walk. He gets scared and wants to head home. He starts pulling at the leash, hunkering down and paddling with his front legs. Since we got back home, he has stuck with me. I gave him some rice with his food and I will just watch to see how he is.

On NPR today, they had a story about the smell of fear. Apparently many animals let off an alert pheromone when they get frightened. Perhaps Ryan's smell is because he is always afraid. Perhaps.

No comments: