Monday, August 25, 2008

Another day, a bit of washing

Nothing much at the shelter on Saturday. Mallory checked out Ryan and he needed to be "expressed". Enough about that. I bathed him on Sunday and he is smelling a bit better. Sunday, I was busy so didn't take him to the shelter.

Ryan chases squirrels. Not a big deal except that he will lay in the dining room at the front of the house and if he sees something in the backyard, he will run to the backdoor and when I open it, zoom he is after the squirrel. This is a dog who won't go outside by himself otherwise.

Ryan can jump. He has hopped up on the bed with me when I let him out in the morning and then went right back to sleep. Ben also said he jumped up onto the office desk. He also can get bored and chew a little. He chewed on the tip of one of my slippers (actually, the last of that pair because Hermes chewed up the other one in that pair) and he chewed on a cheap pair of sandals I left out. For most dogs, I would get them more exercise, but Ryan doesn't like to go for a walk. I took him for a longer one on Sunday and it went okay, so I will have to do more walking with him.

No comments: